Learning Through Movement
We engage classroom teachers, guidance counselors, principals and parents through our Kinesthetic Learning program to enhance learning readiness in children of all learning abilities. Through in-person training and online continuing education, Fizika helps educators implement cognitive science strategies that encourage physical activity and help students learn more effectively.
Fizika is preparing a new release of the Active Learning Specialist Course in 2020. The Kinesthetic Learning Specialist Course builds on the earlier course, and includes strategies for engaging students in deeper learning by addressing social and emotional needs. The four online lessons enable classroom teachers to integrate physical activity and creative play to improve health and physical literacy, and learning readiness in their students. The self-paced course enables you to design a physically active classroom.
Carrie SteindorffActive Learning Specialist, Public Health Educator, Childhood Obesity Prevention. Rockland County Department of Health, Pomona, NY
“Public health educators working in childhood obesity prevention inevitably work with schools. The Active Learning Specialist course provides insight into how best to use physical activity in school to help kids learn and move more, as well as bridge the gap between public health and education.”
Fizika is an Active Schools Champion!
Fizika is proud to partner with the Active Schools Movement to ensure that students receive 60 minutes of physical activity each day. By joining forces with the thousands of schools across the US, Fizika serves as an important professional development resource for active learning.
What is Kinesthetic Learning?
- Applies the science, methodologies, and leadership tools needed to help young minds learn effectively through physical activity
- Ideal for teachers and administrators, but can be applied in a corporate setting as well
- Flexible instructional design lets you modify lessons on a student-by-student basis
- Fizika is an approved Act 48 provider for teachers in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit
- Fizika is also an approved Act 45 provider for school leaders in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit