Learning Through Movement
We engage classroom teachers, guidance counselors, principals, and parents through our Kinesthetic Learning program to enhance learning readiness in children of all learning abilities. Through in-person training and continuing education, we help educators implement cognitive science strategies that encourage physical activity and help students learn more effectively.
A core feature of Fizika’s approach is the Kinesthetic Learning Specialist Course. designed to help classroom teachers learn how to improve health and physical literacy, and learning readiness in their students through physical activity and creative play. The online course is grounded in the research for the mind-body connection and contains practical examples that allow you to create and enhance kinesthetic learning opportunities for your students.
Carrie SteindorffActive Learning Specialist, Public Health Educator, Childhood Obesity Prevention. Rockland County Department of Health, Pomona, NY
“Public health educators working in childhood obesity prevention inevitably work with schools. The Active Learning Specialist course provides insight into how best to use physical activity in school to help kids learn and move more, as well as bridge the gap between public health and education.”
For more information
click logo above
Fizika is an Active Schools Partner
Fizika is proud to partner with the Active Schools Movement to ensure that students receive 60 minutes of physical activity each day. By joining forces with thousands of schools across the US, Fizika serves as an important professional development resource for kinesthetic learning.
What is Kinesthetic Learning?
- Applies the science, methodologies, and leadership tools needed to help young minds learn effectively through physical activity
- Ideal for teachers and administrators, but can be applied in a corporate setting as well
- Flexible instructional design lets you modify lessons on a student-by-student basis
- We’re an approved Act 48 provider for teachers in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit
- We’re also an approved Act 45 provider for school leaders in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit