Learning Through Movement
We engage classroom teachers, guidance counselors, principals, and parents through our Active Learning program to enhance learning readiness in children of all learning abilities. With in-person training and graduate-level professional development, we help educators implement cognitive science strategies that encourage physical activity and help students learn more effectively.
A core feature of Fizika’s approach is the Active Learning Specialist Course. Developed in partnership with Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, the course has helped educators from around the world learn how to improve health and physical literacy, and learning readiness in their students. The online course enables you to learn at our own pace, and develop an active learning plan for your school.
Carrie SteindorffActive Learning Specialist, Public Health Educator, Childhood Obesity Prevention. Rockland County Department of Health, Pomona, NY
“Public health educators working in childhood obesity prevention inevitably work with schools. The Active Learning Specialist course provides insight into how best to use physical activity in school to help kids learn and move more, as well as bridge the gap between public health and education.”
For more information
click logo above
Fizika is an Active Schools Partner
Fizika is proud to partner with the Active Schools Movement to ensure that students receive 60 minutes of physical activity each day. By joining forces with the thousands of schools across the US, Fizika serves as an important professional development resource for active learning.
What is Fizika Active Learning?
- Applies the science, methodologies, and leadership tools needed to help young minds learn effectively through physical activity
- Ideal for teachers and administrators, but can be applied in a corporate setting as well
- Flexible instructional design lets you modify lessons on a student-by-student basis
- We’re an approved Act 48 provider for teachers in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit
- We’re also an approved Act 45 provider for school leaders in Pennsylvania seeking continuing education professional development credit